VERO FAN FAVORITE COSPLAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Binding Agreement. You agree that submission of an Entry in the Competition constitutes agreement to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Sponsor with respect to the Competition. Judges (AS DEFINED BELOW) will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Rules.
Sponsor. Vero Labs, Inc., 9 E. 8th Street, New York, NY 10003.
Eligibility Criteria. Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of submission of Entry are eligible to enter. If you are under eighteen (18) years old or under the age of majority in your state of residence, you must obtain parental consent from your parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition. Entrants must have an account on Sponsor’s social networking platform (“Vero”) to enter (see below for free registration details). Void in all territories and possessions and where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of Sponsor, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and publicity agencies (the "Competition Entities") and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Competition are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. There is no fee for to enter the Competition and no purchase necessary.
Submission Period. The Competition will run from March 11, 2019 to March 22, 2019, 8PM CT (the “Submission Period”).
How to Enter. To enter, please follow the steps below:
a. Log-in to your Vero account and submit an Entry (as defined below) during the Submission Period. You can sign-up for a free account with Vero by visiting here for iOS or here for Android.
i. If you are an individual Entrant, you must upload and publicly post a picture of yourself on your Vero account profile that: (a) is in the costume you are wearing to C2E2 2019 (the “Event”) that must be at least an eighty percent (80%) custom made, original work by the entrant; and (b) must include (i) the following hashtag: #VEROfanfaveContest2019.
ii. If you are submitting an Entry on behalf of a group (at least 2 people but maximum of 5 people), a single member of your group must upload and publicly post a picture of your group in the costumes you are wearing to the Event and tag every participating member of the group’s Vero accounts in the photo. Each costume for each member of the group featured in the Entry must be at least an eighty percent (80%) custom made, original work by the person wearing the costumer or another member of the group. The posted photo must include the following hashtag: #VEROfanfaveContest2019.
b. Costumes must have enough body coverage to be appropriate to worn in public.
c. The registered Vero account holder who submits the Entry shall be deemed the entrant for purposes of this Competition (the “Entrant”). The Entry is made by, and is the responsibility of, the Entrant. Sponsor will correspond with and, if applicable, award the Prize to, only the Entrant.
d. Each submission by either an individual Entrant or an Entrant on behalf of a group (each submission, an “Entry”) must be submitted from only one Vero account, and each person pictured in the Entry and participating in the Competition (including, but not limited to, all members of a group Entry) must have a Vero account. If an Entry is submitted by an Entrant (or a member of a group if the Entrant is submitting on behalf of a group) from more than one Vero account (including, without limitation, from different members of the same group Entry), all of your Entries may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
e. If you are participating as part of a group Entry, you may only be a member of one (1) group. If you are found to have submitted Entries with multiple groups or have otherwise participated in multiple Entries with multiple groups, then any and all applicable Entries may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
f. Subject to the other restrictions in these Rules, you may submit or otherwise participate in Entries for both the individual and group categories; however, you may only win in either the individual or group category – not both. If you are selected as an individual Winner and as a group Winner, you will need to choose one (1) category for which you are a Winner and you will be automatically withdrawn and will forfeit your prizes for the other category.g. You must have all necessary rights to submit your Entry to the Competition.
g. The Entrant (and any and all members of the Entrant’s group included in the Entry, if a group Entry) must be in attendance at the Event on March 22, 2019 and March 23, 2019 in the costumes that they are wearing in their Entry at the time and location where the Finalists (as defined below) and Winners (as defined below) are announced by Sponsor.
Only fully complete and compliant Entries are eligible pursuant to these Rules. All interpretations of these Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Competition are made in Sponsor’s sole discretion and are final and binding in all respects.
a. Entries that exploit bugs in the Vero platform, or otherwise violate the spirit of the Competition, will be rejected;
b. Entries cannot contain information or content or depict actions or figures that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, profane or pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive, endorse any form of hate or hate group, or which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing;
c. Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
d. Entries cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
e. Entries cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Competition. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor;
f. Entries cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
g. Entries that attempt to harm the Vero platform or otherwise create an unfair advantage over other entrants will be rejected;
h. All prop weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. No sharp, pointy, or bladed weapons.
i. Entries cannot be in violation of any law, regulation or third party rights; and
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent: (a) that it is your original work, (b) that it has not been previously published or sold, (c) that it has not won previous awards, (d) that it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and (e) that you have all necessary rights to submit your Entry to the Competition.
7. Odds. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries.
8. Judging Criteria and Winner Selection.
a. Incomplete Entries. Entries that fail to meet the Eligibility Criteria and the Entry Requirements will be deemed incomplete and, at the discretion of Sponsor, may be disqualified.
b. Judges Presentation. Following the conclusion of the Submission Period, Sponsor will select five (5) eligible single Entrant Entries and five (5) eligible group Entries that have received the most ‘likes’ on the Vero platform (all ten (10) selected Entries, the “Finalists”). The ten (10) Finalists will then be scheduled by Sponsor to appear in front of a panel of cosplay judges designated by the Sponsor (“Judges”) at the Event and explain why they deserve to win the Competition in one (1) minute or less. The Judges will then select one (1) single Entrant winner and one (1) group Entrant winner (collectively, the “Winners”) according to the following objective judging criteria:
Presentation at Round 2 Interview: 30%
In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the higher score in the “creativity and originality” category, in the sole opinion and discretion of Sponsor and/or the Judges. Decisions of Sponsor and the judges are final and binding in all respects. We reserve the right to disqualify any Entry at our sole discretion. For instance, if we believe that an Entry was submitted in bad faith or violates these Rules or if the costumes were purchased or were not otherwise original works, we may disqualify the Entry.
9. Winner Notification. Becoming a Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. The Winners will be announced at the Event, on or about the evening of Saturday, March 23, 2019. If a Winner is not in attendance (including, without limitation, if any of the members of the group Winner are not in attendance) at the time of the announcement, then the applicable Winner may be, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among qualifying Entries (including, but not limited to, Entries who had not been selected as Finalists) based on the judging criteria described above. The Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she/they has or have complied with these Rules) as well as a liability release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within ten calendar (10) days from date of issuance, or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If a potential Winner is a minor, the potential Winner must provide signed parental or legal guardian consent. If a potential Winner is a U.S. citizen, he/she must sign and return an IRS W-9 form within the stated time in order to claim a prize.
10. Prize and Related Terms. The following prizes will be awarded to each Winner and Finalist:
a. Winners Prizes.
i. The single Entrant Winner will receive: (1) a write-up in inaugural July issue of C4 Magazine announcing win; (2) photo session with Clay Enos, along with airfare and hotel; and (3) two (2) VIP Experiences to Universal Studios Hollywood in Universal City, California, along with airfare and hotel.
ii. The group Winner will have a group write-up in the inaugural July issue of C4 Magazine announcing their win for the Competition and a group photo session with Clay Enos (for which each member of the group will be provided airfare and hotel), and each member of the group Winner will receive two (2) VIP Experiences to Universal Studios Hollywood in Universal City, California, along with airfare and hotel.
b. Finalist Prizes.
i. For each single Entrant who is a Finalist (but not a Winner), each Finalist will receive one (1) free VIP pass to C2E2 2020 (exclusive of any travel or lodging).
ii. For each member of the group Entrants who are Finalists (but not Winners), each member of each group Finalist will receive one (1) free VIP pass to C2E2 2020 (exclusive of any travel or lodging).
No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) for: each Winner Prize is $4,700 and each Finalist Prize is $220. ARV is as of date of posting of these Rules. The difference in value of prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Winner acknowledges that Competition Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
11. Use of Entries. Entrant (and each member of the group, if a group Entrant) hereby agrees to grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, worldwide, and royalty-free right and license to review the Entry for purposes related to evaluation and scoring in this Competition, including but not limited to the assessment of potential cheating behavior. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return a Release for use of Entries, where lawful, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, Winner (and each member thereof) hereby grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission to Sponsor to use or publish his/her/their name(s), photograph(s), voice(s) and/or likeness(es) in any medium (including, without limitation, in print, via television, via the internet, via email or in any other media now known or hereafter devised) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity without compensation or notification to or permission from the Winner (or any member thereof) of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
13. General Conditions. All federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations apply, and the Competition is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant(s) from the Competition if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other Entrants or Sponsor. Nothing contained herein shall constitute this Competition to be an arrangement for employment, a joint venture, or a partnership.
14. Taxes. The value of the prize will be taxable to the winner as income. All federal, provincial, territorial, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. United States residents will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Please contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
16. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize or Entrants’ participation in the Competition. Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost, or injury that arises from or relates to participation in the Competition, or winning or use of a prize, including but not limited to: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic hardware or software program, network, internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, viruses or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) the uploading or downloading of any material in connection with the Competition; and (v) any other condition that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, to suspend or cancel any Competition or alter the rules for any reason, including but not limited to alteration or corruption of the administration of the Competition by computer virus, technical problem, or other unforeseeable event. This Competition is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
17. Release Warranty and Indemnity. You warrant, on behalf of yourself and your group members (if applicable) that your Entry is your (or your group members’) original work and, as such, you (and/or your group members) are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that you (and your group members) have the right to submit the Entry in the Competition and grant all required licenses. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you (and your group members, if applicable) agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates and the Competition Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, claims and expenses, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, damage to or loss of property, rights of publicity, privacy or defamation and attorneys’ fees,) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Entry or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by you (or your group members) that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you (or your group members) in connection with the Competition; (iii) any non-compliance or breach by you (or your group members) of these Rules and the representations and warranties set forth herein; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to your (and your group members’) involvement with the Competition; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Competition-related activity or participation in the Competition; (vi) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of Entry information in relation to the Entry and your (and your group members’) participation in the Competition; or (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to your (and your group members’) Entry and participation in the Competition.
18. Forum and recourse to judicial procedures. These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Competition are hereby excluded, and entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
19. Winner List. For information on winner(s), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Vero Labs, Inc., 9 E. 8th Street, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by April 1, 2019.